Salary based on experience & skill set.
- Work From Home
- Flexible Schedule for Work/Life Balance
- Unlimited PTO
- 70% Medical Coverage (Available after 2 months)
- 70% Dental Coverage (Available after 2 months)
- Gym & Health Reimbursement
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Expense & Equipment Reimbursement
- Continuing Education
Why this position exists
The Project Manager serves an integral part of both interoffice and client/vendor communications and operations; providing clients with prompt replies, attention and precise answers, while also pushing clients to provide requested assets and information. Internally, the Project Manager supports the Senior Project Manager, Senior Digital Producer and CEO by proactively completing tasks, and being cognizant of how they can help improve communication and process. Task requests, budgets, timelines, organization and communication are the full time focus of SM2’s Project Managers.
As it pertains to SM2, the Project Manager will achieve this in the following ways:
Project Management Skills
- Taking ownership of projects from beginning to end, and ensuring they stay on track.
- Utilizing Project Management Systems according to a predetermined process in order to provide engineers with actionable requests.
- Having a light understanding of the technology being used and why it is being used, in order to provide confident and accurate information.
- Recognizing opportunities to increase productivity and willingness to share ideas and take initiative and risks to improve SM2’s processes.
- Understanding internal cost structure.
Customer Relationship Skills
- Supporting our senior PMs and engineers by managing client expectations regarding deliverables, budgets and timeframe; and constantly monitoring client needs.
- Responding to clients with informed and helpful next steps and answers. Providing tactful, well-timed and informed pushback on clients when needed.
- Learning the technology and the needs of the engineers in order to ask the right questions and gather the required assets and information.
- Recognizing opportunities for upsells and new projects.
Goals to be achieved
We set goals for our new hires to assure they understand what is expect of them over the course of their first year. Joining our team means you have a willingness to learn, explore and collaborate.
- Become familiar with the SM2 Dev project process and increase technical knowledge.
- Gain an understanding of the digital tools SM2 uses for day-to-day business.
- Become familiar with the content management systems used by SM2.
- Begin sitting in on meetings with the Senior Digital Producer and Senior Project Manager and gain familiarity with clients.
- Actively assisting the team, owning projects, and gathering information in an effort to maintain timelines.
- Full comfortability with speaking to clients, updating timelines and setting tasks.
- Confidence in providing tasks to the engineering team, and providing applicable information in order for them to complete said tasks.
- Confidence in the WordPress CMS and the ability to make updates to enterprise level websites.
- Full integration into active and pipeline projects without supervision from team members.
- Complete management of digital tools.
- Ability to attend meetings without support from the CEO or Senior Management.
- Ability to support company growth, by managing projects and helping to improve workflow.
Work & behavioral requirements
- Organizational Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Proactive critical thinking.
- Openness to learning new technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in decision making and ability to recognize opportunity.
- Ability to back up ideas with research and reason.
- Willingness to continue learning for the length of employment.
- Ability to convey ideas and explain reasoning in a virtual teamwork setting.
Your daily tasks will include
SM2 is a small team with big expectations. We each have an understanding of what our “job” is, but more importantly we understand the need to support each other and perform tasks whether it is part of our job description or not.
- Daily client correspondence
- Daily team correspondence
- Timeline Creation & Reviews
- Project Management System Updating
- Time Management System Updating
- Invoicing on assigned projects
- Lead Follow Ups on assigned projects
- Light website updates (after training)
- Management of service contracts
- Organization of Project Deliverables
Skill set & experience
Although not required, having some experience and a skill set that allows a faster integration with our team and process is preferred. SM2 will provide training on any areas that the candidate does not have experience in. A lack of any of the following experiences does not rule out a candidate.
- Skills & Knowledge
- WordPress CMS
- Project Management Systems (Jira, Asana, Basecamp, Harvest)
- Excel, Word & Presentation Software (PowerPoint, Keynote)
- 1- 3 years of Project or Account Management experience (inside or outside of Marketing, PR, or Web Agencies)
About SM2 Dev
SM2 Dev is a web development agency based in Saratoga Springs, NY with team members located across the US. We develop and design websites, mobile apps, and online experiences for both local and Fortune 500 companies. Over the past 18 years in business we’ve built a community of clients and opportunities that allow us to grow the scale and sophistication of our projects without sacrificing quality and while keeping our team extremely agile.
Our virtual office is made up of passionate and supportive individuals who continue to learn with the evolution of technology. Although team members are expected to be available during normal work hours, we provide flexible schedules and open communication to help improve work/life balance. Team members are encouraged to take time out of their day for breaks, exercise/gym, personal appointments and continued education.